Do you want to lose weight at home? Are you looking for the best weight loss exercise at home? We’ve got you covered in this article!
Losing weight is one of the most healthy decisions you can make today. The benefits are enormous. First, weight loss improves your health. A high body mass index predisposes you to different health disorders such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cholesterol, hypertension among others. Therefore, by losing weight, you reduce your chances of suffering from those diseases. Weight loss can also reduce joint pain, risk of certain cancers, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, and back pain.
Apart from improved health, losing weight also improves your lifestyle. When you successfully lose excess weight, you’d experience improvement in your body image, energy levels, vitality, confidence, sleep, social life, and mood. So, losing weight is a win-win for you anytime.
To lose weight successfully, you have to practice exercise and dieting. Balancing them both is crucial as they both act synergistically to help you lose weight. Sadly, several people indulge in dieting without engaging in the appropriate exercises. And in the end, they don’t get the much-needed results, and then they give up. But you can prevent that by embracing daily exercise as part of your weight loss routine.
Exercise is beneficial in several ways. It results in stronger bones, improved mood, and reduced risk of different chronic diseases. Despite the varied benefits of exercise, many people fail to exercise because they don’t have the time to visit the gym or they cannot pay for personal trainers or form membership.
If you lack the time or resources to hit the gym, breathe easy. I have got you covered. I will share some of the best weight loss exercises you can practice at home. These home weight loss exercises can help you reduce and keep off excess weight and improve your health from the comfort of your home.
- Bounce Down on a Trampoline
- Skipping or Jumping Rope
- Jumping Jacks on a Trampoline
- Push up
If you want to improve your balance, this is the ideal home exercise for you. Not only does lunges improve your balance, but it also improves functional movement, and enhances your glutes and leg strength.
- Stand and keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms down by your sides.
- Then, march a step forward using your right leg, bending your right knee while at it. Stop only if your thigh is in a parallel position to the ground. Make sure your right knee does not move past your right foot.
- Rise from your right foot and get back to the original position. Then repeat the previous step with your left leg. It becomes one rep.
- You can finish 5 to 10 reps for a start and increase as you continue the routine.
2. Bounce Down on a Trampoline
One of the fastest ways of losing weight is by using a trampoline during your workout sessions. Trampoline transforms your fitness and provides great health benefits. It also makes exercise more enjoyable. Hence, you won’t feel the stress and you will lose weight easier. Trampolines also improve circulation, increase core strength, muscle strength, cardiovascular fitness, balance, coordination, and bone density.
There are several weight loss exercises at home that you can carry out with the trampoline. One of them is the bounce down.
Bounce Down is a vigorous workout where you bounce on your trampoline while swinging your arms. It’s an excellent home weight loss exercise.
- Stand in the center of the trampoline and place your feet a bit wider than your hip’s distance.
- Then, jump from the trampoline springing off your entire foot, not only your heels or toes. Land on the trampoline.
- As you jump, swing your arms in the opposite direction for counterbalance.
- You can continue for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Skipping or Jumping Rope
If you need a total body workout that will build your muscle strength and burn a lot of calories within a short period, opt for a skipping or jumping rope. Some of the benefits of skipping include: losing excess weight, easing anxiety and depression, increasing heart rate, improving lung function and health.
- Stand straight on a flat surface.
- Ensure your feet are together and straight.
- Straighten your hand downwards near your thighs.
- Jump from the ground, and allow the rope to go under your feet and return it.
- Continue the steps and increase your jumping speed.
4. Jumping Jacks on a Trampoline
Jumping Jacks on a trampoline is another workout you can carry out at home. It builds your strength and helps you lose weight. For this workout, you only need your trampoline.
- Stand straight with your arms at your sides and your legs together.
- Slightly bend your knees, and then jump.
- When jumping, spread your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Then, stretch out your arms and keep them over your head.
- Land back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process.
Push-ups are popular workouts that can help you lose weight and burn calories. You can carry them out anywhere and anytime. They build your core muscles, chest, back, shoulder, triceps, and videos. With consistent practice over months and years, you will build your muscle mass.
- On a flat surface, put your hands forward and a bit wider than the width of your shoulder.
- Keep your feet together or a bit apart in a relaxed position. You may place your feet apart initially until you discover a
- Then, bend your shoulder very low close to the floor and push up again and straighten your arms.
- You can repeat the procedure for close to 15 reps and their sets.
Plank is an effective total body exercise. Its biggest advantage is that it works on the major body muscle groups. It builds your shoulder, chest, arms, hips, and back muscles. It also burns calories and excess fats quickly from the body. But note, plank might look easy but can be intense and tiring. So, you have to hold your plank position longer to get quicker results.
The plank workout has different varieties which work on different body parts and muscles. Any of the variations will enhance your body posture, strength, balance, and stamina.
Types of Plank Exercise
Standard plank or extended arms plank are great for beginners who want to improve their core strength. It works on the arms, core, back, and shoulders.
The Reverse Plank
This variety of the standard plank is carried out in a reverse way. It stretches your body well and cuts down excess fats from your body. It builds your core, back, shoulder, gluteal muscles, and chest.
- Sit and stretch out your legs in front of you.
- Keep your hands at the sides of your hips to support your upper body.
- Straighten your hands to raise your hips and create a straight line with your body.
- Continue the position for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Repeat the procedures about 20 to 30 times.
The Mountain Climbers
The Mountain climbers are an intense type of plank exercise. It’s a total body exercise that reduces excess fats and calories. It targets the core, chest, biceps, triceps, and hamstring muscles.
- Get into Standard Plank or Push-up position.
- Then, bend your left knee and move it close to your chest.
- Then, push your left knee to your original position.
- Repeat the previous steps 20 to 25 times.
Squats mainly strengthen the muscles, enhance your body’s lower part, burn calories and fats, and improve balance. As a beginner, you should carry out 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps of one or more types of squats.
- Whilst standing straight, keep your feet wider than the width of your hips with your toes pointing forward.
- Push your hips backward by bending your knees and ankles.
- Sit in a squat posture by placing your toes and heels on the ground.
- Bend your knees to a 90-degree angle and position yourself parallel to the ground.
- Keep your legs straight by pushing your heels and getting back to the standing posture.
Exercise is important in losing weight. And with these weight loss exercises at home, you will be able to lose weight from the comfort of your home without paying gym fees. These weight loss exercises at home are ideal for busy and young moms who have practically little time for themselves. All these exercises will help you lose weight, strengthen your body muscles, improve your mood, increase your movement and reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
However, if you want to hasten your weight loss process, get a trampoline. Trampolines help to make your weight loss exercise at home fun and comfortable, they also make you lose weight easily while catching fun. They are also affordable and easy to get. You can choose from these types of trampolines like mini trampolines for kids, 8ft trampoline, rectangle trampoline, and 14ft trampoline. Your body will thank you for it.